So I haven’t been able to update the site on any consistent base in a while. Life’s been really busy. Unfortunately, as of late, it seems like I only have time to blog around major, and often tragic, events. So, quickly (with RIT’s quarter drawing to its close, I have a mountain of grading to do) here’s some good things:
- My presentation at the American Anthropological Association’s national conference went well. It looks like I’ll get a journal publication out of it.
- The quarter itself has gone pretty well, in particular a lot of strides have been made at setting up a publishing research lab here at the school. More on that soon.
- Our (boy) cat Lewis, has made a full recovery after having two toes amputated because of a cancerous growth.
- I got a new phone/pocket pc, which has helped me get organized.
- I was a judge in a national variable data print competition.
- The blog helped me reconnect with an old friend.
- Dre and I are succeeding in getting out (and traveling) to see friends and family. At this rate, who knows, we might actually go on our Honeymoon this year.
- I was awarded my teaching rank (black sash) in Kung Fu.
I’m sure there’s more, but my timer is going off, reminding me that it’s time to get back to grading.